It’s one of my favorite weeks of the year—Teacher Appreciation Week! No one is more deserving and more underappreciated than teachers. I’m so excited to celebrate YOU today!
In honor of teacher appreciation week, we’re taking a break from our regularly scheduled content to shower you with love. ❤️????
Without further ado, here are the…
Top 12 Things We Love About Teachers:
- You are kind, compassionate, and loving and create a classroom community where every child belongs.
- You see the potential in every child and inspire them to become the best version of themselves.
- You are creative and constantly reimagine ways to deliver content in fresh, fun, meaningful, and engaging ways.
- You are flexible, adaptable and innovative, and ready to teach (in person, online, and simultaneously).
- You respect and celebrate differences and through your actions teach your students to do the same.
- You are a lifelong learner and always in pursuit of personal and professional development.
- You exemplify service as you work every day to educate the next generation and foster a love of learning in your students.
- You are patient beyond measure and always willing to lend a hand or an ear to a child in need.
- You cultivate curiosity, help children find their talents, awaken interests, and make kids excited about learning.
- You are a [multi] subject matter expert, a child development specialist, and a true professional.
- You are an expert communicator—not only can you talk in ways that an 8-year-old can understand, but you also expertly negotiate difficult conversations with parents and administrators and keep everyone informed about important events in the classroom.
- And you do it all with a smile. No matter how tired or frustrated or angry you may get, you give your very best self to your students every single day.
You Are Amazing!
Trust me, compiling this list wasn’t easy. It started as a Top 10 list and quickly morphed into a Top 12. There’s just so much we love about teachers! You have tons of amazing traits and qualities. It was impossible to narrow it down. I could have kept on writing.
I have so much respect and admiration for the hard work you do every day. And I am grateful you have chosen to share your talents with our children.
Have a teacher friend who could use a little pick me up? Why not share this post with them and brighten their day.
Thank you from the bottom of our Not So Wimpy Hearts!
Have a Not So Wimpy Day,