Welcome back to the Not So Wimpy Teacher podcast!
Are you excited for Valentine’s Day this year?
If you told me a year ago that I’d be doing a Valentine’s episode about socially distant Valentine’s Day activities, I probably would have laughed at you. Now it is totally normal though and something we have to talk about!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Whether you’re teaching online or in-person this year, it’s going to look a little different. Just because we’re socially distant, doesn’t mean we can’t share the love.
If you need some ideas for virtual or socially distant Valentine’s Day activities, I’ve got you covered in this episode.
Episode 91 Takeaways:
- Do something active because February is also Heart Health Month.
- Have students write a couple of sentences about their favorite book.
- Drop off postcards to your students telling them one thing that you love about them.
- Have them create a Google slide filled with pictures of things they love.
- Make Valentine’s Day paper bag books.
- Do STEM activities.
- Make cards for medical professionals or nursing home residents.
- Write “I Love You More Than…” poems.
- Do a project-based learning activity.
I really hope that you have so much fun with your students this year for Valentine’s Day, and I hope you’re feeling the love.
I’d love to know what other ideas you come up with, so head over to our Instagram @notsowimpyteacher to share those with me!