Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Are you a brand new teacher? Or are you a “newish” teacher who still feels brand new?
I have some tips that will help you to have a fantastic first year!
Feel free to share this episode with your new teacher friends.
Here is an overview of the tips covered in this episode:
- Read your standards, even though it isn’t fun.
- Meet up with your team lead before back to school time.
- Don’t buy all of the things…YET. Focus on your classroom library and back to school activities rather than decor.
- Don’t compare yourself to veteran teachers or teachers on social media.
- Focus on relationships and classroom management.
- Set boundaries so that you have time for the people and the hobbies that make you happy.
- You don’t need to grade everything.
- Create consistent routines to make planning easier.
- Batch your lesson plans and prep to save time.
- Give yourself some grace!
More tips for new teachers:
Teacher Facebook Groups:
Leave a Comment