This mini-curriculum is truly ready to use for the entire year! It has an entire year’s worth of grammar activities for 2nd grade. Yes, really. This bundle has everything you need to teach, practice, and assess 32 weeks of skills, including review weeks to ensure your students master these skills. Again, I designed each activity to take only 10 minutes a day and require instructions only one time. Teaching grammar to your students couldn’t be any easier. Best of all, you won’t have to answer “Wait a minute—what’s a noun, again?” halfway through the year (or more). Your students will get it!
More about this resource
Our UPDATED second grade full-year bundle makes teaching grammar a piece of cake. Grammar is so important for kids to understand, but it can be tough to teach. There are so many rules and exceptions. It’s easy to second-guess yourself. And let’s face it, grammar isn’t always a ton of fun.
But with these UPDATED & IMPROVED lessons, your students can become excellent grammarians in just 10 minutes a day! Each no-prep lesson comes complete with a full week of activities, including: a mini-lesson, interactive notebook activity (NOW with answer key), writing, task cards, and an assessment.
This mini-curriculum has a full year’s worth of grammar activities for 2nd grade. It includes everything you need to teach, practice, and assess 32 weeks of skills, including review weeks to ensure your students master these skills.
We’ve done all the planning and prep for you. Each lesson includes everything you need to teach, practice, and assess the weekly skill. Tricky grammar skills are broken down into bite-sized pieces. All you have to do is print and teach. And a JUST ADDED digital assessment makes weekly assessments a breeze. The digital assessment is editable, so you can customize it to meet your students’ needs.
This bundle is a HUGE value! If you were to purchase each of the individual weekly sets, it would cost $96! Save over $20 when you buy all 32 lessons together.
- Detailed teacher instructions, including a recommended schedule for the week and instructions on how to use digital assessments
- 32 PowerPoint presentations for the mini-lesson each week
- 32 student interactive notebook activities and JUST ADDED Answer Keys
- 32 sets of 24 task cards (NOW also in black and white) and a recording sheet (with answer key)
- Assessment (with answer key)
- JUST ADDED: Editable digital assessment
- Irregular Plural Nouns
- Common & Proper Nouns
- Collective Nouns
- Possessive Nouns
- Reflexive Pronouns
- Formal vs. Informal Language
- Unit Two Review
- Verb Tenses
- Irregular Past Tense Verbs
- Context Clues
- Simple & Compound Sentences
- Compound Words
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- Unit Three Review
- Commas in Letter Writing
- Multiple Meaning Words
- Shades of Meaning
- Dictionary Skills
- Spelling Patterns
- Unit 4 Review
- Student Notebook Covers
- Teacher Binder Cover & Spine
Please look at the preview to see what’s included. If you want to see even more, click over to the individual sets for additional pictures.
How to Use it in the Classroom:
- Each week follows the same routine. This saves time and students know what to expect:
- Monday: Interactive PowerPoint mini lesson
- Tuesday: Interactive notebook activity
- Wednesday: Grammar writing assignment
- Thursday: Task card scoot
- Friday: Assessment
- PowerPoint lessons introduce students to a new grammar skill
- Interactive notebook activities include foldables and flaps that students manipulate to deepen conceptual understanding. Great for kinesthetic learners.
- Interactive notebooks feature simple cuts to keep the emphasis on grammar.
- A weekly writing prompt helps students apply new grammar skills.
- Choose from a printable or digital assessment.
- Digital assessment can be used in Google Classroom.
- Edit the digital assessment to meet your students’ needs.
- Materials Needed
- Notebook (composition or spiral)
There are many ways to differentiate this grammar lesson:
- Complete interactive notebook activities in small groups to provide additional support
- Allow students to use interactive notebooks as a reference during the writing activity or task cards
- Have students complete fewer task cards
- Move around the room with students who need additional support during the task card scoot
- Use the editable digital assessment to customize weekly assessments
Why You’ll Love It:
- No-prep grammar resource is easy to implement
- Saves class time! Only takes 10 minutes a day!
- Interactive activities make grammar fun!
Second Grade Grammar Units