This bundle includes eight weeks of grammar activities with a different skill each week! The resources will help you to teach, practice, and assess conjunctions, verb tenses, irregular past tense verbs, context clues, simple & compound sentences, compound words, and adjectives & adverbs.
Grammar Second Grade Activities: Unit 4
More about this resource
Our UPDATED second grade grammar units make teaching grammar a piece of cake. Grammar is so important for kids to understand, but it can be tough to teach. There are so many rules and exceptions. It’s easy to second-guess yourself. And let’s face it, grammar isn’t always a ton of fun.
But with these UPDATED & IMPROVED lessons, your students can become excellent grammarians in just 10 minutes a day! Each no-prep lesson comes complete with a full week of activities, including: a mini-lesson, interactive notebook activity (NOW with answer key), writing, task cards, and an assessment.
Unit 4 includes 8 different weekly lessons: commas in letter writing, prefixes, suffixes, multiple meaning words, shades of meaning, dictionary skills, spelling patterns, and Unit 4 review.
We’ve done all the planning and prep for you. Each lesson includes everything you need to teach, practice, and assess the weekly skill. Tricky grammar skills are broken down into bite-sized pieces. All you have to do is print and teach. And a JUST ADDED digital assessment makes weekly assessments a breeze. The digital assessment is editable, so you can customize it to meet your students’ needs.
***This UPDATED Unit 4 is also part of a money-saving bundle. See the full-year !***
- Detailed teacher instructions, including a recommended schedule for the week and instructions on how to use digital assessments
- A PowerPoint presentation for the mini-lesson
- Student interactive notebook activity and JUST ADDED Answer Keys
- 24 task cards (NOW also in black and white) and a recording sheet (with answer key)
- Assessment (with answer key)
- JUST ADDED: Editable digital assessment
- JUST ADDED: Interactive notebook activity answer keys
Please look at the preview to see what’s included. If you want to see even more, click over to the individual sets for additional pictures.
How to Use it in the Classroom:
- Each week follows the same routine. This saves time and students know what to expect:
- Monday: Interactive PowerPoint mini lesson
- Tuesday: Interactive notebook activity
- Wednesday: Grammar writing assignment
- Thursday: Task card scoot
- Friday: Assessment
- PowerPoint lessons introduce students to a new grammar skill
- Interactive notebook activities include foldables and flaps that students manipulate to deepen conceptual understanding. Great for kinesthetic learners.
- Interactive notebooks feature simple cuts to keep the emphasis on grammar.
- A weekly writing prompt helps students apply new grammar skills.
- Choose from a printable or digital assessment.
- Digital assessment can be used in Google Classroom.
- Edit the digital assessment to meet your students’ needs.
- Materials Needed
- Notebook (composition or spiral)
There are many ways to differentiate this grammar lesson:
- Complete interactive notebook activities in small groups to provide additional support
- Allow students to use interactive notebooks as a reference during the writing activity or task cards
- Have students complete fewer task cards
- Move around the room with students who need additional support during the task card scoot
- Use the editable digital assessment to customize weekly assessments
Why You’ll Love It:
- No-prep grammar resource is easy to implement
- Saves class time! Only takes 10 minutes a day!
- Interactive activities make grammar fun!
Second Grade Grammar Units
Click HERE to see the year-long bundle