Welcome back to The Not So Wimpy Teacher Podcast! In this week’s episode we have an amazing guest, Ashley Marquez from Teach, Create, Motivate. Ashley is here to share three strategies to help teachers with classroom management. She brings innovative learning and fun to the classroom. She’ll teach how to calm the chaos while teaching engaging skills that help motivate independent learners.
Teach, Create, Motivate was built because of her need for creative resources for her students. This need for her own classroom grew into helping other teachers and continues to grow.
Takeaways from this episode:
- Be consistent with your classroom strategy. Use a tool to take control and manage behavior, but stay consistent in delivery and use. This should be maximizing your teaching time.
- Create student “buy-in.” Your students should be excited so they’re invested. This is all about presentation; your delivery could make or break this program.
- Choices! Give your students choices…these student-led programs are more successful when they choose themselves. They have more “buy-in” when they feel like their voice is being heard.
- Don’t be afraid of “classroom management.” Not all classroom management looks the same.
- Get rid of overwhelm and create more engagement. Create a calm, confident learning environment by making the mindset shift.
- Ashley’s NEW PROGRAM! Great for any grade and any type of classroom.
Access Ashley’s new program: Classroom Management Academy. This is an online course broken down into six modules. These are some of the best classroom strategies, tips, ideas and resources for you to create that positive and calm student-led program you want to achieve in your classroom. Once you’ve purchased, you’ll have unlimited access and can rewatch them any time. Take advantage of learning when it’s best for your schedule and have the tools you need at your fingertips. Maximize your time and see your students flourish in learning. Access a BONUS MODULE on Distance Learning! You can still implement classroom management virtually. This program is only available for a short time and won’t be back again until 2021. Register here: www.notsowimpyteacher.com/classroommanagement
Connect with Ashley at www.teachcreatemotivate.com or Follow her on Instagram @teachcreatemotivate
I hope you are inspired by these tips and create great reading centers for you students this year. Want more Not So Wimpy Teacher tips and tricks? Find tons of resources on our website at www.notsowimpyteacher.com and follow me on Instagram @notsowimpyteacher where I share daily!